Guided meditations, collaborative storytelling, meditative music, games, and simple breathing techniques are the pillars of our 6 week summer yoga adventure for children. Class opens with playful, engaging, energy burning activities to allow for free flowing,calming experiences at the end. Students are encouraged to find their limit in certain poses, experience that limit, and go beyond their limitations by patiently observing and engaging with that limitation.
- Classes are 45 minutes long with 15 minutes available before and after the session to meet with the teacher and explore the community aspect that is so vital to Yoga Among Friends.
- Parents are welcome to hang out in the lounge area during the session or return close to the end of class.
- If your child would like water during class, bring a water bottle that closes securely.
- If your child does misbehave, he/she will be given two warnings then be asked to sit out for 3-5 minutes.
- Bathrooms are located near the yoga room.
Mr. Kerry has been an educator of children for over 10 years. During his studies at the Universitat de Barcelona, he was particularly influenced by the work of Rabindranath Tagore, a contemporary of Maria Montessori. This led him to work at the Kensington School where he currently teaches yoga and Spanish to 2-5 year olds.
Mr. Kerry has practiced Ashtanga yoga since 2005 which was also when he became a member of Shambhala Chicago, a meditation group in the west loop. There he coordinates workshops and weekend retreats.
To register, click the button to fill out the registration/waiver form.
Yoga Among Friends makes it easy to pay. Pay with credit cards, debit cards, or your checking account or use your Paypal account. Select the session and click BUY NOW. You will be taken to the PayPal website to process your payment. A PayPal account is NOT required in order to complete the online payment process.
Online Payment $62
Online Payment $13
Drop-In Single Kids Class
Mail-in or Drop-off Payment $60 for 6-week series
Mail your check of $60 ($2 discount) payable to Yoga Among Friends to: 4949 Forest Ave, Downers Grove, IL 60515. YAF only accepts cash and checks at the studio.
Note: Students registering on the first day of the event should call the studio first at 630-960-5488.